Family Promise of Sarasota is here to help families who are newly homeless and have minor children. Our goal is to provide BASIC NEEDS (shelter, meals, personal items, case management, support, resources and referrals) for 30 to 90 days while you work and save anywhere from 60% to 90% of your income — toward future housing.
We are NOT "emergency shelter." We cannot intake a family "same day" of inquiry call as we are considered transitional shelter.
Families wishing to use our free services:
- Must have minor children in your custody.
- May not be using drugs or alcohol. We drug screen.
- May not have felony records. We conduct background checks.
- May not have a severe mental health diagnosis.
- Must be able and willing to be employed full-time (adults in family).
- Should have some recent history (last 3 years) of some steady independent housing and employment history.
Families in need can call us at (941) 952-1800 to discuss your situation.
Family Promise of Sarasota, Inc.
P.O. Box 48199
Sarasota, FL 34230
The Day Center is available to our guest families Sunday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Families who are job seeking or have the day off from work can use the Day Center as "home base" during the day. It's equipped with computers and internet as well as a printer, TV, telephone, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, refrigerator and laundry.
At 5:30 pm each evening, families arrive at the Host Congregation for dinner and evening/overnight accommodations. Guest families and volunteers leave the host site each morning—usually between 7:00 am and 8:00 am, or earlier depending on when families need to leave for school or work. On Saturdays, families are welcome to stay at the host site during the day.